Finished: shawl


Last night I finished knitting this little shawl on the yellow Knifty Knitter.I used the pattern I listed below in a previous posting, by Rostitchery. Although I had some trouble decreasing, in the end, it turned out. Rowena had instructions to put the last loop on the near peg and KO. Then, wrap that “new” last peg, KO, and continue on down the row. I found this made the edge tight, not loopy like on my increase side. To try to make it match a little more, I would do just as she said by pulling the last loop to the second-to-last peg and KO. Then I would double wrap that final peg, knit 2-over-1, and continue down the row. Because the yarn is bulky and also varies in thickness, it passes just fine.

I used Moda Dea Cache in Tootsie, about 2.5 skeins. This is not a favorite yarn of mine. In fact, I bought it for $1/skein at Goodwill months ago. It makes a cute shawl, though!

My only thought on this shawl is whether or not is should be blocked. It fits snugly around the shoulders, and I like it that way, so I don’t think I will, but we’ll see.

This is a fast project to knit. I estimate it took me about five hours total.

One thought on “Finished: shawl”

  1. I have been trying to knit this shawl for 2 days now (I knitted one, and had the same problem you did, so I am trying another – I am VERY frustrated!), looking for a way to either make the increase tighter, or the decrease looser.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *