I've been working on a project using my 28" Authentic Knitting Board, so I've put my backstrap experiments on hold. However, that doesn't stop me from thinking about it. Here's a list of some sites and books I've drawn from over the past few weeks. I'll be adding to this as time goes on:
- Laverne Waddington's blog: http://backstrapweaving.wordpress.com and Flckr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/39560980@N05/
- Bob's Crafts. A simple backstrap with a rigid heddle: http://bobscrafts.com/bobstuff/backstrp.htm
- Franco's Fiber Adventures. Backstrap looming and more: http://francosfiberadventure.blogspot.com/
- Weavolution's Backstrap Group. A huge amount of information and enthusiasm: http://www.weavolution.com/node/3150
- "Backstrap Basics." Laverne Waddington's Weavezine how-to article: http://www.weavezine.com/content/backstrap-basics
- "Backstrap Basics." Videos accompanying the Weavezine article: 1) Narrow Warp; 2) Wide Warp + Heddles; 3) Wide Warp + Opening Sheds; 4) Wide Warp + Finishing.
- Know It All's Making a Natural Weaving: http://www.knowitall.org/naturalstate/html/Weaving/Weaving-Picture.cfm
- Flckr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=int&w=all&q=backstrap+weaving&m=text
- Backstrap Weaving / by Barbara Taber and Marilyn Anderson, New York : Watson-Guptill Publications, 1975.
- Rigid Heddle Weaving / by Karen Swanson, New York : Watson-Guptill Publications, 1975. Note, this book is about using a rigid heddle with a backstrap or tapestry loom.
- The Weaving, Spinning and Dyeing Book / by Rachel Brown, New York : Knopf : distributed by Random House, 1978.