This project sat around for about two years, until I put in the final effort to finish the punching, hemming, and backing. Rather groovy design.
I finished the vintage Hokusai bunka kit today. The ocean horizon line is crooked because it was still tacked in the frame when I took the picture. This type of embroidery may be a little dated, but I liked it so much I’ve been bidding on bunka yarn to try an original design.
It’s probably more than halfway done but I know the details will take a long time, so it will be awhile before my vintage bunka kit is finished. I’ve surprised myself by being patient with this.