I took 12 of my jumbo potholders and stitched them together into this rug, which I’m currently using as a bathmat. Strangely, I haven’t had enough of potholders. I’m right on the edge of plunging in and buying 10 pounds of loopers!
I finished this rug quite awhile ago. It’s so cushy it’s unbelievable:
I couldn’t decide how to finish the edges. Eventually, I stitched a seam to stop fraying, trimmed it, and then I rolled up the edges (about 1.5″) and used a thick wool to bind it with a whip stitch using yarn:
I started this large (for me) rug of a running horse over the weekend, and it’s moving along very quickly (ha!). The horse design is a tracing of a metal decoration we keep hanging on a wall in the house. This measures 20″ x 20″, and I’ll eventually get around to posting a picture of my homemade frame made of canvas stretcher bars and carpet tacking strips. The backing material is linen, very smooth and easy to punch. The yarn is wool.
And because it’s interesting to view the back, here you go:
I finished these two potholders and added an inkle strap on each. They’re lined with an insulated batting, and the backs are dark green cotton. These are my first potholders, and I now know I have a lot to learn about sewing.
I really enjoy these smaller projects with slightly thicker yarn. Here are four wool pot holders that are finished except for the finishing.
This little rag rug, woven on the Glimakra Emilia rigid heddle, will probably be a bath mat. I used carpet warp, sett at 5 epi, and some torn up sheets from a second-hand store.